With 20 years as an environmental journalist covering local and global issues I have given talks at conferences, symposiums, university seminars, high schools and other events in many countries. I speak mainly on environmental issues — climate change, water, conservation issues, natural history — but I have also addressed the communication of complex topics and working with the media.
To contact me, see below.
* Ethanol and Biofuels – Environmental Implications – Ontario Society of Environmental Education 60th Annual Conference – University of Ontario Institute of Technology
* Beyond Oil, Our Carbon Future – Destiny Quebec – Lower Canada College, Montreal
* Climate Change and the Media — McGill University Green Week, Montreal
* Freelance Journalism and NGOs as Career Choice for Young Journalists –King’s College School of Journalism, Halifax, Canada
* Attitude Adjustment: Changing our relationship with water from commodity to sacred - World Expo on Water, Zaragoza, Spain
* Climate Change and South Africa — Briefing for Local Journalists -- Cape Town, South Africa
* Environmental Journalism and Communication with the Public -International Forum on Drought, Sevilla, Spain
* Journalists are from Venus, Scientists are from Mars: Bridging the Worlds of Science and Journalism –Society of Conservation Biology International Conference in San Jose, California
* Journalism, Science and the Environment — the Inside Story – Queens University, Kingston Ontario
* Scientists and Media — Improving Communication – International Association for Great Lakes Research, Cornwall, Ontario
Please fill out the form below – it helps reduce spam and you will receive a reply, usually within 24 hours.