My work is featured in publications around the world including National Geographic, The Guardian (UK), Vice Motherboard, Inter Press Service News Agency (IPS), Changing America (The Hill), Ensia, Al Jazeera, New Scientist, The Ecologist, Mo Magazine (Brussels), TerraGreen (India), Toronto Star, Maclean’s Magazine, China Dialogue, Earth Island Journal, Narwal and many more.
Winner of the 2018 & 2019 SEAL Award for Environmental Journalism celebrating my work in documenting climate change impacts and solutions
at National Geographic and Vice. Previous winners have included journalists from the Guardian, New York Times and Washington Post.
“Environmental journalism matters now more than ever.” — Matt Harney, Founder, SEAL Awards.
- Co-winner of the Prince Albert/United Nations Global Prize for reporting on Climate Change
- Author of critically-acclaimed book: Your Water Footprint: The Shocking Facts About How Much Water We Use To Make Everyday Products (Winner Best Science Book 2014)
- Co-founder of Climate News Mosaic, prize winning trans-boundary journalism collaboration
- Creator of Community Supported Environmental Journalism – pioneering crowd funded response to cuts in environmental news coverage in 2009
Navigating this Decade of Change & Consequence
What do we all need to know at this time of pandemic, existential crisis of climate change and unravelling of nature’s life supports? Not to mention, a time of political, social and technological upheaval? What do we need to know to get through all of this and come out smiling on the other side?
And what do we need to know to help us get through each day?
Subscribe to my FREE weekly newsletter: Need to Know: Science and Insight
This is where you’ll find my latest work based on interviews with some of the smartest and wisest people on the planet, combined with my 25 years of writing and reporting on need to know issues.
SPEAKER: I’ve spoken at dozens of events both large and small from keynotes to pub talks. Click here for more.
“Stephen is…a favourite of our audiences. He’s able to make complex issues seem
simple without taking anything away from the urgency and importance of
– David Leonard, Director of Canada’s premiere talk series: Walrus Talks
If you’d like to support my work as an independent journalist working in the public interest this link will take you to PayPal.Me for secure donations by credit card
To contact me please click this link and fill out the form at the bottom. Yes, this really works and I will reply — Stephen.