Five Little-Known Facts:
- “These are not natural disasters, they are environmental disasters.”
- NOAA study found that Katrina was only a Category 1 or perhaps 2 on landfall
- Storms in the NorthWest Pacific Ocean are 75 percent more powerful than they were 30 years ago
- Climate change has the potential to raise oceans temperatures high enough create future hypercanes — 600 kilometre per hour superstorms
- “The U.S. has a very big societal problem when it comes to coping with hurricanes” (ok, maybe you knew that)
This is a sampling of the little known information about hurricanes from respected scientists collected in the modestly titled “Steve’s Hurricane Handbook 2007 – Lessons Learned 2004-2006? “ (1.2 mb pdf). It’s a compendium of the most interesting quotes and facts about hurricanes from hurricane experts since 2004.
Fully illustrated eBook including pictures of New Orleans after Katrina and with links to full stories in an 18 page chap book (1.2 mb pdf download) format.
Part 1: Why Hurricanes, Tornadoes and Thunderstorms are becoming more powerful
Part 2: 2005 – The Hurricane Tipping Point?
Part 3: A Violent, Stormy Future?
***Another new eBook***
These eBooks not only take time but there are costs of electricity, equipment, my-not-so-free internet service and so on to bring this to you. Please send $2, $5 , $10 as an investment in bringing information that is not available elsewhere. (Note: there are plenty of environmental issues that don’t get covered without public investment